Ronseal One Coat Damp Seal
- Protects your paintwork
- Ready to paint over in four hours so you can do all your DIY in one day
- No need for preparation, it can be painted straight onto the wall
- Permanently blocks and seals damp stains
How to use One Coat Damp Seal
Before you start
Before you cover up the damp, you should always make sure that the cause of the damp has been fixed. Covering it up won’t address the root problem!
- Open your doors and windows for added ventilation and put down dustsheets to protect anything you don’t want to get paint on.
- Remove any wallpaper with a scraper or, if the wall is painted, sand off any loose or flaking paint.
- If there is mould, tackle it with mould killer otherwise, use a cloth and white spirit to wipe down and clean the wall.
You can apply the seal directly onto a damp surface, so long as it’s not dripping wet.
- Thoroughly stir the paint to ensure it’s well mixed.
- Use a roller or brush to apply it to the affected area. If it’s only a small damp patch, paint at least 30cm around the area so the damp won’t creep elsewhere.
- The seal will be touch dry in only two hours. After four hours you will be able to paint or wallpaper over the damp area.
Our One Coat Damp Seal isn’t designed to be a top coat of paint so you will need to cover over it with paint or wallpaper.
Brushes or rollers can be cleaned with white spirit
|Usage:||All interior walls and ceilings|
|Coverage:||250ml – This tin will cover 1.25m2
750ml – This tin will cover 3.75m2
2.5L – This tin will cover 12.5m2
|Dry time:||Touch dry in 1-2 hours, paint over in 4 hours|
|Number of coats:||One|
|Application:||Brush or roller|
|Sizes:||250ml, 750ml, 2.5L|