The Mountfield 1538H-SD Lawn Tractor is a mulching lawn tractor for those who do not wish to collect grass clippings. Masseys are one of the largest Mountfield dealers in the UK and carry the Mountfield 1538H-SD in stock. It has a gross 15 hp engine and a 38 inch (98cm) cutting width, a 452cc Stiga engine, hydrostatic transmission and a tow bar. The ‘H’ means that it has hydrostatic transmisson making it highly manouverable with instant changes between forward and reverse.
- POWERED BY STIGA WITH AN ST 500 452CC ENGINE
- 98 CM CUTTING WIDTH
- HYDROSTATIC TRANSMISSION
- SEVEN CUTTING HEIGHT POSITIONS, 25 – 80 MM
- OPTIONAL MULCHING PLUG & TOW HITCH
- BACKED BY A FIVE-YEAR EXTENDED WARRANTY (T&CS APPLY).
Mulching grass is a great feature and saves so much time as there is no stopping work to empty clippings. The Mountfield 1538H-SD Lawn Tractor is a great value for money tractor with 7 heights of cut (25 – 80mm) with side discharge or mulch options. Suitable for gardens and grounds of 1.5 – 2 acres.
The 1538H-SD is a superb mulching tractor. Adding finely cut clippings to the lawn surface results in higher nutrient levels, better grass growth saves you cash on lawn fertilisers and saves time emptying cuttings.
The machine is powered by STIGA, 452cc ST500 petrol engine and boasts hydrostatic transmission – akin to an automatic car’s transmission. It is slick, efficient and powerful. The twin-blade cutting deck, with a 98cm cutting width, ensures a superb precision cut.
If grass growth is fast and mulching isn’t possible simply discharge the clippings via the side discharge function. Easy.
Suitable for areas up to 2 acres the 1538H-SD is easy to use, easy to store – thanks to its compact design and is backed by a five-year extended warranty.
Masseys are open 7 days a week. Your Mountfield tractor will arrive assembled and ready to use.
The price at Masseys includes:
- Fuel and engine oil
- Pre-delivery inspection
- Free delivery within 15 miles of our store so your machine is ready to go!
Click to see our full range of Mountfield lawn tractors.
Mountfield 1538H-SD Lawn Tractor
Lawn Tractors – Best Practice
1. Always use a fuel additive
Fuel properties, which make up what we know as petrol, can begin to deteriorate in as little as 30 days after the refining process. The use of a fuel stabiliser is imperative to a fuel system that does not get used on a daily basis. Issues that are presented because of fuel degradation, are issue that are not covered under the warranty guidelines for the engine.
Step 1: Add fuel treatment according to instructions
Step 2: Run engine for 2 minutes to circulate stabiliser through the fuel system
Step 3: Store lawn mower or equipment in clean, dry place for up to 24 months
2. The battery must be trickle charged for 48 – 72 hours at the start of EVERY season and ideally every 3 months. A battery has a 12 month warranty.
3. When you feel that your lawnmower has performed for a minimum of fifty hours it is a good idea to drain and replace the engine oil. Always remember to check your manual and refer to the specific oil recommendations.