The Mountfield HP41 Lawn Mower is a hand-propelled, petrol-driven mower. Offering fantastic value for money combined with great performance these mowers are ideal for small sized gardens.
- POWERED BY STIGA 123CC PETROL ENGINE
- 39CM CUTTING WIDTH
- LIGHTWEIGHT POLYPROPYLENE CHASSIS
- 40-LITRE TEXTILE GRASS COLLECTOR
- 2-YEAR WARRANTY
The Mountfield HP41 is a fantastic mower for any gardener wanting a robust hand-propelled, petrol-driven mower capable of easing its way through most lawns.
Driven by a 123cc STIGA ST120 Autochoke engine, the mower boasts a 39cm cutting width, with blades being able to be positioned in any of five different heights. The textile grass bag has a capacity of 40-litres and the polypropylene body is both sturdy and lightweight. The handle is easily folded down to make storage simple and space effective.
The tough polypropylene chassis won’t rust; this also means that these mowers are extremely lightweight making them easy to manoeuvre and a pleasure to use.
Backed by a 2-year warranty, the HP41 is a superb mower for any small to medium-sized lawn
Please use a fuel stabiliser or Aspen fuel with your lawn mower.
WHAT DOES FUEL STABILISER DO?
Mountfield Universal Fuel Stabiliser contains a carefully balanced formulation based on light hydrocarbon fractions and components specially selected for their performance enhancing properties:
- Prevents the degradation of fuel – fuel stays fresh for up to 2 years.
- Protects the fuel against oxidation.Prevents gum and varnish build up.
- Protects the engine and fuel system parts against rust and corrosion.
WHY DO I NEED TO USE FUEL STABILISER?
Modern petrol now typically contains 5% ethanol. Ethanol readily bonds with atmospheric moisture creating an ethanol-water mix and this oxidisation creates what is known as stale fuel.
As fuel oxidises it can turn to gum and clog jets and other openings in the fuel system. Gummed up carburettors cause serious problems in power equipment such as lawn mowers that see intermittent use or have long periods of storage.
Ethanol blended fuel is also a corrosive substance that can cause the gradual destruction of the metal used in the fuel systems of outdoor power equipment (particularly soft metals such as brass and aluminium). Ethanol also absorbs water, drawing it into the fuel mixture. Water is highly corrosive and when ethanol and water combine it can cause performance problems and fuel system damage.
Good quality fuel stored in an airtight container should stay stable, not oxidise and stay fresh. However the typical fuel tank of a lawn mower isn’t ideal for storing fuel. It isn’t 100% airtight, so fuel will oxidise in the tank, and over time (as little as 30 days) will go stale.
What is Aspen fuel and why do we recommend it?
There are many reasons why people choose to use Aspen in their garden machinery.
All of these benefits contribute to a better all-round experience whilst using your machinery, making your gardening easier and more enjoyable.
- No expensive repair bills caused by stale fuel
- Your machine always starts and is ready to go, even after long standstill periods
- Lasts for years without deterioration
- Aspen does not contain ethanol
- Virtually odourless
- Less maintenance and a longer machine life
- Available in a conveniently sized container
- Premixed 2-stroke eliminates the need to mix yourself
- Easy to select the correct fuel using the coloured cans and coloured reminder stickers on your machine
- Protects your health and the environment